[games_access] voice SL

Eelke Folmer eelke.folmer at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 19:36:35 EDT 2007

For those lucky and wise enough to own a mac try my voice controlled version
of SL.

http://www.eelke.com/grad/voiceSL/voiceSL.zip
Installing is pretty easy unzip it to your favorite directory of choice and
run secondlife. (sorry its not a selfcontainted exe yet).

Its only 50 mb but when you run it it is a gigantic memory hog. (sorry the
mac client is not that optimal) so it runs pretty slow even on my new
macbook pro.

Make sure you hook up a microphone or just mac's internal microphone.

The commands are:

"Stop" - cancels what you were doing
"up" - goes forwards (also when flying).
"back"- goes backwards
"left" - turns left until you say stop (guaranteed to make you nauseous if
it doesn't recognize your stop).
"right" - turns right until you say stop
"fly" - fly

In due time:
- windows version
- more commands (still need to play around a bit to increase recognition
rate)
- be able to login using voice

cheers eelke

Eelke Folmer                           Assistant Professor
Department of CS&E/171
University of Nevada              Reno, Nevada 89557
Game interaction design        www.helpyouplay.com