[games_access] Gentle Petition

d. michelle hinn hinn at uiuc.edu
Tue Dec 4 18:49:27 EST 2007

I agree -- We haven't gone down the road of the politics at all yet
and I think if we approach it the right way that it would be well
received and maybe even result in awareness amongst gamers,
developers, and people who would be gamers but don't know that they
could be. So a more gentle petition to say "hey, we agree that games
are important and here's why adding accessibility is a good idea..."

There's no reason we can't send an informative brief to let
legislators know about game accessibility even in the US -- when
done, this is a GOOD thing about games. We send the good things about
game accessibility and games to start things out versus something
that is anti-industry, which we don't want to do at this point.

And, hey, maybe in 50 years there won't be a need for legislation
because there will be some incredible breakthrough that none of us
can even imagine yet! :)

Michelle