[games_access] Harmonix needs our help!

Reid Kimball reid at rbkdesign.com
Sun Dec 16 12:43:52 EST 2007

It's not clear to me how many USB slots are available for use after
everything is setup, but similar to Eleke's 5th person idea is that
the paraplegic gamer uses his drums as usual and then a 5th person
uses a normal console controller to activate the kick pedal with
whatever button they want.

Yes, as Michelle mentioned, if the player wants to play alone, then
the kick pedal will need to be used in some other way. Has anyone
mentioned using the cameras that the consoles use? It may be possible
for the camera to recognize head motions. Think of a "virtual" kick
pedal being to the right of a players head and anytime they want to
use it, they tilt their head right.

I personally don't worry about head thrashing, I think players have
the willpower to control that if they understand their head can help
them use the kick pedal. Depending on the position of the virtual kick
pedal (aka head bang pedal) they could still have a lot of free head
movement.

-Reid