[games_access] Russell Williams, CEO and Co-founder of Flying Labs Sits with AbleGamers.com

Reid Kimball reid at rbkdesign.com
Sat Dec 22 15:04:28 EST 2007

I agree with Robert and Mark. My goal for 2008 is to contact
developers earlier in their development process to make them aware of
issues early. It won't be easy, because when I've done this before,
developers tend to think they can put it off into the polish phase
(final months) and this unfortunately is not the right mind set. It
was clear to me when working on Doom3[CC] that the UI design wasn't
going to work as it was. To add closed captioning, we had to modify
the UI. If closed captioning was thought of from the beginning, the UI
could have been designed to incorporate it. Adding CC at the end is
not easy or cost effective to do in the final months of development.

-Reid

PS: Yes Mark is the one that did the interview, not me!