[games_access] Second Life Accessibility -

lynnvm at carolina.rr.com lynnvm at carolina.rr.com
Fri Jan 12 17:39:56 EST 2007

Michelle- and all,

You might be interested in this!

The contacts at the library in Charlotte NC are Kelly Czarnecki and Matt
Gullett.  They wrote an article about Second Life that was on the cover of
the School Library Journal this month:

 <http://www.schoollibraryjournal.com/article/CA6403251.html>
http://www.schoollibraryjournal.com/article/CA6403251.html

Here is a little information from the link:

"PLCMC and the Alliance Library System (ALS) in East Peoria, IL, announced a
formal partnership to create Eye4You Alliance"

"Meet the New You"
By Kelly Czarnecki and Matt Gullett -- 1/1/2007
"In Teen Second Life, librarians can leap tall buildings in a single bound
and save kids from boring assignments-all before lunch".....

OK.  I live here, I have a Second Life character, I've been to the Serious
Games Summit, I've taken game classes here.  I didn't know until now what
was going on in my own backyard.

I really need to meet Kelly and Matt.

Lynn