[games_access] Family Play

Eelke Folmer eelke.folmer at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 12:37:25 EDT 2007

http://wii.ign.com/articles/801/801326p1.html
EA games will offer a "simplified interaction" for their sports games
Madden, FIFA & NBA.  AI is used to take over the more difficult parts of the
interaction while the
wii mote will be used to map the required interaction to gestures or
movements which most players already know. This is exactly like we have done
it for the FPS for the torque engine. (I will finally send out a demo
tomorrow).

This is pretty cool and might also make hardcore games more accessible for
those with disabilities.

Cheers Eelke
Eelke Folmer                           Assistant Professor
Department of CS&E/171
University of Nevada              Reno, Nevada 89557
Game interaction design        www.helpyouplay.com