[games_access] Announcement

Thomas Westin thomas at pininteractive.com
Wed Jul 18 16:47:09 EDT 2007

Congrats on your new job Richard.

I'd like to keep igda.org/accessibility as it is clear as Barrie
pointed out; however it's a bit long so perhaps gasig.org could be an
additinal URL which could point to igda.org/accessibility

/Thomas

11 jul 2007 kl. 09.08 skrev AudioGames.net:

> Hi folks,
>
> I have an announcement. As you may know I temporarily quit work at
> the Accessibility foundation to finish my PhD by working at the
> Utrecht School of the Arts (HKU - my other job for the past 3 or 4
> years). Here I have been offered a research job, which I decided to
> accept. This means that I have now officially quit my job at the
> Accessibility foundation. This doesn't mean that I'm going game
> audio all the way, however, since game accessibility remains one of
> my big interest areas. Although for the next couple of months my
> main focus is on game audio design, after I finish my thesis I have
> the chance to setup projects related to audio and game
> accessibility, but now at the HKU and still in collaboration with
> Accessibility. I might even have more room for setting up projects
> where I work now then before.
>
> One thing to think about, as I already discussed with Michelle, is
> www.game-accessibility.com. Accessibility wants to change how the
> website is run, partially because the foundation has too little
> manpower, partially because we want to make the website available
> for more people. The foundation proposes to set up a Projectgroup
> Game-Accessibility.com in which the website is made available to
> the GA-SIG to basically do to it what needs to be done, and make it
> (to an extend) GA-SIG Resource Website*. This is just a first plan,
> if someone has their own ideas, please speak up.
>
> Greets,
>
> Richard
>

> * As I've understood we're in a tricky spot at the moment with all
> them websites. I personally would like to simply have a website
> http://www.gasig.org and put all SIG related stuff on it (which
> includes IGDA SIG and DIGRA SIG stuff). This could BE the IGDA
> website as far as I'm concerned, just with an extra URL. And then
> use GA.com for resources (papers, articles) and community (forum,
> mailinglist) only.

Thomas Westin
VD / CEO

Pin Interactive AB
:: Digital Culture Analysis :: Tools :: Worlds
Award Winning Developer
www.pininteractive.com