[games_access] epilepsy and gaming

AudioGames.net richard at audiogames.net
Sun Jun 10 17:13:26 EDT 2007

Hi,

*quote*
> I wonder what kind of guidelines game developers have to follow to
> prevent people getting epileptic seizures
*quote end*

>From W3.org:

"People with photosensitive epilepsy can have seizures triggered by
flickering or flashing in the 4 to 59 flashes per second (Hertz) range with
a peak sensitivity at 20 flashes per second as well as quick changes from
dark to light (like strobe lights). "

Which reminds me of the earlier epilepsy/simulator
sickness/wii-accidents/rsi thread (search the archive). Or in other words:
Guidelines Against Game Injuries (GAGI ;)! Do people still think that is a
viable idea, and if so, do people think this is up to this SIG, or should
there be a GI-SIG (Game Injuries Special Interest Group)?

/R