[games_access] Brain Controlled Virtual World for the Disabled

Thomas Westin thomas at pininteractive.com
Thu Jun 28 04:17:13 EDT 2007


yes; for that I only used EMG feedback since that is the quickets to
learn. You can also use EOG and EEG. Up to 12 "brain-fingers" can be
used and mapped to controls
/thomas

27 jun 2007 kl. 15.59 skrev Eelke Folmer:


> Hi Thomas,

>

> was that the same thing that you used at Brighton to lift the xwing

> out of the swamp?

>

> cheers Eelke

>

>

>

> On 6/27/07, Thomas Westin <thomas at pininteractive.com> wrote:

> Did you try the Cyberlink at GDC? It is very sensitive; the issue

> is not so much the device itself in my opinion, rather it takes

> time to learn to control the biofeedback output from your brain. I

> suggest you contact brainfingers.com and talk to the experts directly

>

>

> /Thomas

>

> 27 jun 2007 kl. 13.21 skrev Eelke Folmer:

>

>> This morning on ./

>>

>> http://www.newscientisttech.com/article/dn12136-virtual-world-

>> sharpens-mindcontrol.html

>>

>> What's the status on brain-machine interfaces nowadays? My ex

>> girlfriend does research on these at the university of tubingen in

>> germany and her patients can move a cursor on the screen but it

>> isn't very accurate. (but for moving in a virtual world it doesn't

>> necesarry have to be that accurate, in contrast with for example a

>> fps).

>>

>> Cheers Eelke

>>

>>

>>

>> On 6/27/07, Thomas Westin <thomas at pininteractive.com > wrote:

>> Hi all,

>>

>> been too busy to think of anything SIG related lately, but I'm

>> planning to attend the Thursday meeting (tomorrow)

>>

>>

>> what's the plan, are everyone on vacation perhaps or do we have

>> meeting tomorrow?

>>

>>

>> Thanks

>> Thomas

>>

>> __________________________________

>> Thomas Westin

>> VD / CEO

>>

>>

>> Pin Interactive AB

>> :: Digital Culture Analysis :: Tools :: Worlds

>> __________________________________

>> Award Winning Developer

>> www.pininteractive.com

>>

>>

>>

>>

>> _______________________________________________

>> games_access mailing list

>> games_access at igda.org

>> http://seven.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/games_access

>>

>>

>>

>>

>> --

>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------

>> -------

>> Eelke Folmer Assistant Professor

>> Department of CS&E/171

>> University of Nevada Reno, Nevada 89557

>> Game interaction design www.helpyouplay.com

>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------

>> -------

>> _______________________________________________

>> games_access mailing list

>> games_access at igda.org

>> http://seven.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/games_access

>

> __________________________________

> Thomas Westin

> VD / CEO

>

>

> Pin Interactive AB

> :: Digital Culture Analysis :: Tools :: Worlds

> __________________________________

> Award Winning Developer

> www.pininteractive.com

>

>

>

> _______________________________________________

> games_access mailing list

> games_access at igda.org

> http://seven.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/games_access

>

>

>

>

> --

> ----------------------------------------------------------------------

> ------

> Eelke Folmer Assistant Professor

> Department of CS&E/171

> University of Nevada Reno, Nevada 89557

> Game interaction design www.helpyouplay.com

> ----------------------------------------------------------------------

> ------

> _______________________________________________

> games_access mailing list

> games_access at igda.org

> http://seven.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/games_access


__________________________________
Thomas Westin
VD / CEO

Pin Interactive AB

:: Digital Culture Analysis :: Tools :: Worlds

__________________________________
Award Winning Developer
www.pininteractive.com


-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://seven.pairlist.net/pipermail/games_access/attachments/20070628/1664c4ff/attachment-0001.html>


More information about the games_access mailing list