[games_access] Emotiv head worn gaming device

Reid Kimball reid at rbkdesign.com
Fri Mar 9 21:45:58 EST 2007

During GDC, Emotiv demonstrated a head worn device, very similar to
BrainFingers that reads impulses from the users brain and translates
them to controlling the game. They claim it can be used for reading
actions and emotions.

Company website:
http://www.emotiv.com/2_0/2_1.htm

More info:
http://crunchgear.com/2007/03/08/emotiv-project-epoc-sensory-gaming-for-the-masses/

Comments on a community gaming site I go to frequently
(http://www.shacknews.com/ja.zz?comments=46070). I am surprised, a lot
of people seemed to first think of the implications for the disabled.
I try to mention that often on the site, maybe I'm getting through to
people? However, I was also surprised that people didn't think it
would catch on outside of the disabled gamers community. Didn't people
say the SAME thing about the Wii controllers?