[games_access] Reminder - Tonight, Videogames for All on PBS's Quest

d. michelle hinn hinn at uiuc.edu
Wed May 2 00:11:18 EDT 2007

I must admit that it was a little annoying that they had three hours
of interview footage with me the day of and right before the Idol
session that never appeared. It's fine that they left me on the
cutting room floor but I really do feel like our Idol session was
rather sabotaged when we could have better been spending that time
making sure we have more butts in the seats (I was supposed to run
over to Eric Z's competition and make an announcement) and
re-organizing the session because Robert had to go home. I
know...we've talked about this before. No reason to rehash the
coulda/woulda/shoulda but as I think we all agree on...their presense
was a major disruption many times and they went back on their word to
leave us along three hours before Idol.

And what happened to the 12 hours of footage of all of us eating? ;)
That was some class act stuff! Hehehe.

Besides that...the Sony/Microsoft mix up was very poor form. They
fact checked so much else but that was an easy one.

Are there any other issues on the story the people have something to
add? I'd like to suggest that they run a follow up in a letter I'm
planning on sending them thanking them for giving light to the issue
but also pointing out the errors like Sony/Microsoft that they may
wish to edit.

Thanks,
Michelle