[games_access] MMOG Topics for Terra Nova?

Reid Kimball reid at rbkdesign.com
Sat May 19 18:18:00 EDT 2007

I'm sorry, I haven't been keeping up with the conversations. In the
little that I read, people are not likely to change their thinking
unless they see an example of how it can work. We can talk and talk
but it won't matter what we say. Might want to talk about what
happened with Star Wars Galaxies when they changed the controls and
mobility disabled people couldn't play anymore. There was a big uproar
and they had to release another patch to change it back or offer more
options, not sure what the final solution was.

http://wiredblogs.tripod.com/games/index.blog?entry_id=1308320

There's one photo from the Alter Ego project which always gets to me
emotionally.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/shared/spl/hi/pop_ups/04/technology_gamers_and_their_avatars/html/6.stm

I've got it... we need to create a book/website of photographs of
disabled gamers and their characters in MMO's or other games that
allow them to customize characters, like the Sims. Developers just
don't know that disabled people play their games and they need to. It
could be a photo essay.

-Reid