[games_access] Gamers and their Avatars Book

d. michelle hinn hinn at uiuc.edu
Sun May 20 14:54:33 EDT 2007

That's fantastic! I don't think that our current publisher does much
in the way of art books but I know of some publishers who dig things
like this -- MIT Press does, as does Phaidon. And we can include some
in the Game Accessibility book as well but I think a glossy book of
just images would be pretty damn cool.

I love our list so much! :) I know...from time to time we fight --
how could we not? We're all passionate about the topic and sooner or
later we'll have disagreements and misunderstandings. But I'm glad
that we're also able to heal when these happen because we know that
at the end of the day, we're ALL volunteers and we're fighting the
good fight. We just all have our moments of crankiness that things
that the industry isn't moving fast enough but despite it all, we
don't throw in the towel. Believe me...I've cried about many a thing
with regard to game accessibility (I'm a girl, sue me) but you all
keep me going!

I'm excited reading all the GA articles on Gamasutra lately. We're
all doing great stuff and let's all be thankful that we have one
another. Every time one of us gets something out into the public eye,
it's all good. To quote Barrie: "It's a win for the cause!"

Michelle