[games_access] persona

d. michelle hinn hinn at uiuc.edu
Wed May 23 17:57:00 EDT 2007

Hey -- great reminder of a course I took MANY years ago -- a guy
named John M. Carroll  who used to be at Virginia Tech (I was in his
course) and is now at Penn State that has been doing work on scenario
based design that I think also fits in here -- it not just covers the
persona but also their context. I'm wondering if it was someone from
Carroll's group that was the presenter at CHI 2006?

This is what we also have in mind for the book so I think that by all
means we should start working on these. We've used some persona in
other papers but taking it further would be great!

BUT...and I have to tell this funny story...one thing that was kind
of funny from the Microsoft end of things was that when I was working
there -- and keep in mind that the games group was way off the main
MS campus -- the artists scanned in the posters and put up NEW fliers
that had "Why is Bill Gates so happy?" And instead of saying that it
was because he was using Microsoft XP and just made a great deal...it
was because he was sitting in a bowl full of jello. LOL.

Michelle