[games_access] Games for Health to Invest in Games Accessibility

hinn at uiuc.edu hinn at uiuc.edu
Sat Nov 17 10:24:04 EST 2007

Speaking of Disabled Veterans -- that is something I have been including in all my talks because it's becoming THE biggest reason people write me right now. Games can be a way for some to literally want to try to live again -- it's a very powerful tool and can be the first step injured soldiers use to learn how to do the things that they loved before the war in a new way. It also puts the urgency in the accessibility issue -- if we are talking about changing someone's mindset into literally being suicidal to seeing a ways to enjoy life and wanting to keep living...it's a pretty powerful statement. And one that I talked to Stars and Stripes magazine about at E for All.

Michelle