[games_access] Games for Health to Invest in Games Accessibility

Ben Sawyer bsawyer at dmill.com
Sun Nov 18 06:37:07 EST 2007

On Nov 17, 2007, at 2:17 PM, Robert Florio wrote:

> Is definitely an ideal situation to set up especially organization,
> games
> for health, Ben so if any of us can help like myself for whatever
> needed for
> the conference would be great.

I need names and contacts of resources that might be useful to reach
out to.  Eventually we need help spreading the word on things but
before I do that I need to finalize the location of the conference
and put out the announcement.  My goal is to do that between Dec. 1 -
15.

> Perhaps compared to the past when these events are held by one of the
> members here that the outcome has more opportunities for doing more
> business
> and having contacts support with their ideas and back and forth
> after these
> things are over.  That might just be word-of-mouth but perhaps an open
> invitation to meet with us individually about getting ideas and
> working with
> other people's companies and ideas things like that just reaching out
> offering support and as like we've been doing but if this is a
> conference
> really about games for help those are the specific people we need
> in our
> contact list.

I want it to be a conference for the accessibility community and
those interested in it and its related engineering, research,
testing, and design goals.

> I just want to share something I learned my sister actually showed
> this to
> me.  My sister was involved with something called the Leads club
> not sure if
> it's spelled right, and so was my mom, anyway they were getting
> frustrated
> that everyone would meet with their businesses they represented
> just to get
> ahead and not realizing that everybody had to actually give someone
> a piece
> of information and in return that person would help them with a
> piece of
> information like a business contact.  Perhaps if we could bring
> this kind of
> accomplishment offering whatever we can I guess sessions ideas
> individual
> meetings for people in their companies to better their situation
> and in
> return get something from them like an investment or something.
> The story
> is that it was frustrating at these meetings and I attended one of
> them
> because everyone would you stand up and say what they were doing
> with their
> job and offer what anyone else wanted to do with the information
> but meeting
> after meeting I would see people not talking and I didn't think
> that was the
> point.  I think it's really is about committing.  Giving and getting.

We're doing something to help with this - it plagues all meetings but
ours less so because we work hard to avoid this problem.