[games_access] Research questions about games helping veterans

hinn at uiuc.edu hinn at uiuc.edu
Mon Nov 19 17:29:10 EST 2007

>I have moral issues with getting military funding; a simple solution
>would just be to stop making more people with disabilities.

Well, that would be the ideal and is very much what I would like to see come to a hault. And anything that Bush does? It has "clueless" all over. We can see the irony of US recruitment games being used and then games being something that could help those same people who got hurt in Iraq. I doubt he can.

I mean if we were to get money from a gambling company, I might also have an issue because gambling is something that people are seriously addicted to and have faced financial ruin as an effect of. All I'm saying is that nearly every funder is going to put us in some kind of ethical quandary -- we just have to figure out how to deal with them as they come up.

But...I disgress...

these are mediocre times and people are
losing hope. it's hard for many people
to believe that there are extraordinary