[games_access] Game Accessibility article in september issue of Game Developer Magazine

AudioGames.net richard at audiogames.net
Fri Sep 14 13:29:54 EDT 2007

Hi,

Just returned from GDC Austin where Michelle and I did a presentation of audio gaming and visually impaired game accessibility. At the conference I got a free copy of the september 2007 issue of Game Developer. But it wasn't until yesterday that I had the chance to go through the pages and as I did, amazement caught my eye: the monthly one-page Aural Fixation-column (column about game audio) was titled "Audio Accessibility" and it was all about game accessibility! The column, written by Jesse Harlin (audio guy for LucasArts, who also mentions colleague Reid), discusses issues that hearing-impaired gamers encounter and solutions that exist, as well as visually-impaired gaming and audio games. So it seems that this month is a good month for game accessibility after all!

I'll scan you a copy as soon as I got time.

Greets,

Richard