[games_access] New SIG Blog

d. michelle hinn hinn at uiuc.edu
Sat Sep 15 16:39:19 EDT 2007

Cool! And really it doesn't need to be perfect -- we can decorate as
we go with logos that Richard has made (if he'll let us use them on
the SIG site -- ie, the ghosts in our poster) and some other things
that a friend of Barrie's is working on for E for All: All means ALL
t-shirts (for at least us -- we can buy from cafepress once it's
ready).

So I'll look up that info (it's been a while) and send that to you.
Thanks! I think I finally reached my "can't wait any longer for this
stuff" point with regard to the new IGDA web tech that hasn't yet
been revealed. I'm assuming that because of how they have been
talking about it that it will be something modular that we can pick
and choose from -- so we might use, say, a calendar system they have
but not a blog system. We are the only SIG doing something for E for
All so I think that we've have more pressure to do something now
rather than keep waiting. Obviously we need to be more presentable
than ever to match up with media publicity that we could get.

And everyone -- all help is welcome even if you cannot attend E for
All. Reid started a wiki page for the planning at:
http://www.igda.org/wiki/GASIG_E_for_All_2007

** IMPORTANT!!!!**** If you or someone you know has a disability and
is a gamer who is either in the LA area or who is close enough that
travel there isn't a big deal, please let me know. I have a lot of
free admission passes to give away and I'd like them to go to gamers
with disabilities. Everyone working the booth at E for All with get
an expo pass (also free).

Thanks!
Michelle