[games_access] Austin Game Developers Conference (AGDC)

d. michelle hinn hinn at uiuc.edu
Sun Sep 16 15:37:48 EDT 2007

Thanks -- yes, it was really a nice feeling after the ups and downs
of last year -- up being Montreal with a similar sized crowd and down
with GDC (with our usual "preaching to the choir" crowd, albeit
bigger than years before...but still depressingly small considering
the work put in -- not to mention other missteps that we've already
discussed and moved on from). I remember Thomas telling me that the
first time the SIG had a roundtable it was a lonely "crowd" of one or
two people. Perhaps through better integration of GA at GDC it might
also result in helping gain the crowd we want for the expo booth!
Plus we can literally escort people to our booth, which will be
handy. And announce that we are there constantly. :D

Some day we can try our hand again at doing a really "out there"
session with the buzz of the game developers challenge, etc but as we
learned, we're not quite there yet. But we had to take the chance on
going on a totally opposite approach than past years to better learn
how to play the game. :)

Michelle