[games_access] logging in editing wiki problems?

d. michelle hinn hinn at uiuc.edu
Sat Sep 22 16:35:55 EDT 2007

I'm also not sure I know why it's not letting you log on -- that's
all controlled by the IGDA tech people and not me, I'm afraid. Jason
is in Tokyo right now as are a lot of people in the IGDA (DiGRA,
which despite all the troubles they had actually did come together,
and the TGS). So it might take a little while before we know more.

Anyone else experiencing problems logging in? Robert -- are you using
any assistive tech that might be interfering (I can't think of why
that would happen but it's worth thinking about). Perhaps have
someone try it on your computer without using anything beyond the
keyboard/mouse and see if there's anything going on there.

I know that there's been talk of different membership levels having
more/less access to things but as far as I know that's still talk and
not a reality (it's a topic that causes a fair bit of controversy on
the SIG chair list every time it gets mentioned, especially for
groups like ours that are not exactly the "cash cow" groups). But
perhaps in order to try and avoid malicious people who run around
destroying wikis with junk they put a "full membership" requirement
on it. If that's the case then I'm sure we can get the tech people to
put in an exception and/or just let student members log on. I'm not
saying that's what's happening but it might be.

Michelle