[games_access] same proposal in multiple tracks

Eelke Folmer eelke.folmer at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 23:06:07 EDT 2007

hi,

I'm seeing the same proposal in multiple tracks:

-When Audio IS the game experience: Gamers with Visual Disabilities
(Richard/Michelle)
-When Audio IS the game experience: Gamers with Auditory Disabilities
(Reid/Michelle)

- Selling more games by adding CC (Reid/ Eelke)
- Creating Dynamic Closed Captioning Systems (Reid)

Its good to be pervasive to increase our chances of acceptance but it
might also bite us in the back. In my fields of research it is
generally not a good idea to submit the same proposal to multiple
tracks. Generally reviewers will review a proposal and if they deem it
to be suitable for another track they will usually suggest that.
Submitting the same proposal to multiple tracks is usually considered
spamming. Michelle do you know for GDC whether proposals are reviewed
on an individual basis or do they look at who is submitting what to
which track? I do want us to get as much proposals accepted as
possible but I suggest we play by the rules.

Cheers Eelke

Eelke Folmer                           Assistant Professor
Department of CS&E/171
University of Nevada              Reno, Nevada 89557
Game interaction design        www.helpyouplay.com