[games_access] GTA IV - PS3 Control Scheme - Accessibility Nightmare

d. michelle hinn hinn at uiuc.edu
Sat Apr 26 16:02:34 EDT 2008

Hi all -- this is definitely a "next on the agenda" thing for the
group -- as in, we're going to start doing this soon. We have funding
(this is the "now step" along with the games for health conference in
a week) that we'll be able to use soon. One thing I'd like to propose
are game reviews in exchange for a small honorarium (Many magazines
do this). I don't know how much this will be yet -- gotta figure out
the budget!

So we'd figure out as a group what elements must be in those reviews,
quality, etc. Then we, as the SIG (and I hope partnering with
ablegamers as a place to cross post these position statements (we'd
want to put them on the SIG blog too or at least a "teaser" that
would link to the full review in addition to sending them to the
companies), would put a "games to review" list (based on popular
games we already know that there are problems with and games
suggested by the community via ablegamers or oneswitch or anywhere
else. Then the reviews can be up for grabs. There might be games that
need more than one review depending on how bad the game is for
accessibility. Then we'll figure out a split honorarium type of thing
as needed.

This is what I would like us to start working on as the summer
approaches, more and more get out of school for the year, etc. We
also seem to have a traditional summer project -- I think this is a
pretty good one!!

Ah...before I forget...meetings on MSN will resume shortly. Stay
tuned for more information! :)

Michelle