[games_access] Accessibility and laws ?

Eelke Folmer eelke.folmer at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 10:45:36 EDT 2008

Hi Sandra,

Here in the US Section 508 of the rehabilitation act states that all
federal agencies (including universities relying upon federal funding)
make their information accessible.

So if someone wants to use a game in their classroom in theory it has
to comply with this act but I doubt whether that happens a lot. I'm
not sure about the legal issues can you sue a university for not
providing you with an accessible alternative?

Cheers Eelke

On 05/08/2008, Sandra Uhling <sandra_uhling at web.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to know,
> in which countries games used in schools require to be accessible.
> And what laws are important.
>
> With this information it will be much easier to discuss about it.
> And to show that this is an important thing for companies that
> are developping games for use in schools.
>
> Regards,
>
> Sandra Uhling

Eelke Folmer                           Assistant Professor
Department of CS&E/171
University of Nevada              Reno, Nevada 89557
Game interaction design        www.eelke.com