[games_access] scene it... "controller that anybody can use " ?

d. michelle hinn hinn at uiuc.edu
Fri Aug 15 18:32:45 EDT 2008

Yes, I have them -- and we talked a bit about
them on the list. They came out about maybe a
year ago in the US? And you are right -- it is
NOT the controller "anybody" can use. I emailed
friends of mine at Microsoft and they would not
comment on the accessibility of the controller.

The good part about it is that it *is* accessible
to more people and really could be repurposed as
a controller for other games if they wanted to
start getting serious about accessibility. But
again...they make no comment. Microsoft has an
entire division/group that works in
accessibility...everywhere but at the game
studios. We have a very strange relationship with
them (Disclaimer: and, years ago, I worked at
Microsoft Games).

Michelle