[games_access] Feedback needed on poster for GDC 2008

Matthias Troup foreversublime at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 4 12:53:23 EST 2008

Reid,

A little off topic - Does [dcc] have any features relating to gameplay and difficulty?  Hard-to-hear sounds could be missed by anyone regardless of their hearing ability.  If the text were harder to see that would reflect the chance you might miss what the text identified.  For instance, if the text were displayed with an alpha channel correlating to how far away/loud the sound was and/or if the text were visible on-screen for a time that correlated to the distance/volume of the sound.

-Matt> Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 22:10:25 -0800> From: reid at rbkdesign.com> To: games_access at igda.org> Subject: [games_access] Feedback needed on poster for GDC 2008> > Hi everyone,> > I'm working on a poster for my Dynamic Closed Captioning poster> session at GDC this coming Feb 2008. I'd like feedback on the poster> regarding the actual content I have on it. I wanted to keep the> content minimal, I want people talking with me rather than reading> posters. I also want the poster to prompt them to ask questions, so> not everything is explained clearly on purpose.> > NOTE: I know that one screenshot is labeled as Half-Life 2 but instead> shows Doom3[CC], this is temp and I'll change it to HL2 later.> > Take a look at the word 2007 version or the pdf version linked below:> > http://gamescc.rbkdesign.com/GDC2008_poster02.docx> http://gamescc.rbkdesign.com/GDC2008_poster02.pdf> > Thanks everyone,> > -Reid> _______________________________________________> games_access mailing list> games_access at igda.org> http://seven.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/games_access