[games_access] Introduction

Thomas Westin thomas at pininteractive.com
Fri Jul 25 15:51:41 EDT 2008

Hi,

Thanks Michelle :) No I didn't imagine that we would have come this
far; especially the outreach to the many game companies (none
mentioned, none forgotten) who have taken very important steps in the
accessible direction - this was something I just had a vision of at
that time.

I noted that no talks at GDC 2003 adressed the issues of
accessibility, and then I contacted Jason at IGDA who helped me get
things running. Now very much thanks to all the active people in the
SIG things have really changed, both at GDC (although I had a
temporary depression of that a while) and with the work which has been
compiled through this list and elsewhere. In fact, much of the
background section in my master thesis is a (selective) compilation of
what has been achieved, so in one way that background research consist
of five years work :)

Kind regards,
Thomas