[games_access] Game Accessibility articles in Hebrew

d. michelle hinn hinn at uiuc.edu
Sun Jul 27 07:41:03 EDT 2008

As for the proposals I'm just piecing together stuff in word. Some of
the workings this year have to be done with the CMP people direction
(ie, the arcade). If there's anything you want to resubmit (like the
audio talk) let me know and I'll email you and we can clean it up for
resubmission. I was told after last year to focus on a few BIG
sessions versus 100 sessions. I haven't had a lot of people email me
to say that they are interested in being at GDC but I'm jamming in
everyone that has emailed me.

If anyone has any fresh ideas, now's the time to throw them out
there. We'll have another arcade and I'm working on a "tech talk"
panel, trying for at least a half day workshop, and such. The IGDA is
kicking around the idea of having a shared booth in the expo room for
SIGs to show off their stuff so if they do that then we can have
something showing throughout the show that will be seen by the expo
only people.

Basically with the Lyme's disease I haven't had a whole lot of time
to post proposals up on the wiki! I'm just moving as fast as I can
and it's easier just to edit my word file since we're running out of
time. Basically look at last year's stuff and if you have ideas to
improve any of them, let me know! I know that I didn't want it to
come to this again but I didn't predict getting sick for a few weeks
and not being able to move so I'm burning the candle at both ends to
get the proposals in. There's only a few days left and no time for
leisure. So basically this year is another "see last year and the
year before that" GDC proposal fair again. Oh well -- at least I know
the system well!! :)

Oh -- GASIG.com will be a merger of the IGDA SIG site only with more
flexibility since we can do more stuff off of the IGDA site (and
we're now an ECA SIG as well so we've got lots of connections). So
that will be a big up coming project. Right now I'm just hyperfocused
on GDC and time is not on my side. There hasn't been a lot of "new
ideas" either from people so unless people have some secret proposals
they are putting in on their own, the ones I'm putting in are the
only ones I know about and I'm writing them all. It's just dumb luck
that the deadline is months earlier and that I got this crappy
disease during the planning month. I really didn't expect to deal
with GDC until September!

So it hasn't been the best collaborative effort we've had but GDC has
always been a bit of a torn in our paws!

Michelle