[games_access] Fw: Single-Handed Access Game Controller is Here

Barrie Ellis barrie.ellis at oneswitch.org.uk
Sat Jun 7 02:18:44 EDT 2008

Forwarding....

If there are problems with display, please click the following link or paste into a browser:
http://www.WriteSendTrack.com/news/m/4140/BFB9B4/s/467434/0FD77F/ It's finally here!
It is with great pleasure that I am writing you to announce the official launch of the single-handed Access Controller for the Playstation platform. Born from the great mind of renowned modder and product engineer Ben Heckendorn (AKA BenHeck), this project has been in the making for nearly a year. During that time, I've had the honor of reading each one of the hundreds upon hundreds of emails we've received from enthusiastic gamers such as yourself. Your stories have inspired us and brought to light the importance of what became a mission for eDimensional; give gamers with physical limitations the opportunity to fully enjoy and experience gaming. You've demonstrated how gaming is not just entertainment, but an important part of life that includes interacting with friends and family along with a sense of true self-achievement.

It's been a long process from concept to production and for that, we appreciate your patience. As is typically the case with new products, no matter how much time and effort we spend, it can't get done as quickly as we would like.

I was recently using our prototype on my PS3 and I have to say, it is an amazing product. More importantly, one of the proudest and most rewarding experiences I have had at eDimensional was hearing from Ben (who recently showed the device at the Gamers with Disabilities Conference) about an injured soldier who was instantly able to use his artificial hand to move the modules around and get his game on.

Enough introduction, I know you want details. Some key features:

  a.. Compatible with PS2, PS3 and PC - We are working on an separate XBOX version, but cannot say if/when it will be available.
  b.. Wireless
  c.. Price is $129.95
  d.. Modular - you can rearrange each control module to any of the 6 slot positions for various gaming styles
  e.. Pre-order now for delivery in approximately 8-10 weeks
  f.. Limited initial quantity available so please reserve yours before the first run sells out
  g.. Worldwide shipping from the USA. We will also stock units in our UK distribution center for customers located in the EU as we do with all of our products.
Full details and photos are on our website here.

A portion of all proceeds and reserved units will benefit Children's Hospital and Veterans Affairs Medical Centers.

The controller has already been featured in publications like Popular Science, Wired and many others. However we need you to help spread the word. If you know anyone else who can benefit from this product, please send them to our website or forward this email.

We greatly appreciate your support and look forward to serving you.

Best Wishes,

Michael Epstein
President/CEO
eDimensional, Inc.