[games_access] Fw: Single-Handed Access Game Controller is Here

Robert Florio arthit73 at cablespeed.com
Mon Jun 9 10:44:04 EDT 2008

Good question Barrie about a hands free controller.  The quad controller is
great but if you notice it's very saliva infective germ spreading
problematic.  I actually think that eye tracking technology combined with
some sort of head position device could work better.

I think developing technology around the eye Toy or other toys that pickup
body movement should be used to place directly in front of the face but not
to block the vision of the television to pick up on the facial movements to
control everything needed to play games.  Of course things like linking are
involuntary, getting an inch, and I and movement can be subjective to
staying in one place.  But the movement of the head definitely could be used
with subtle adjustments available for each user to push the buttons,
visually on the screen possibly like a little corner monitor showing where
your head movement is in relation to the buttons that need to be pushed.

But then again that would probably have to be embedded directly in each
videogame which is not going to happen most likely.  Perhaps a little
monitor on a separate device are not monitored at all but something telling
the user that their head is near the right sweats or something that they
have pressed the rights switch needs to happen.  But the user cannot keep
looking down away from the screen on a separate device to make sure their
head is hitting the right thing.  To solve this problem and I device like
glasses could come over one eyeball letting the user know that all of their
heads-up displays needed would be right there visually.

Pretty cool?  Maybe.  Hey don't steal that idea I want to be there when it
gets made.LOL :-)

 Robert

www.RobertFlorio.com

  _____