[games_access] Game Accessibility; the numbers

Eitan Glinert glinert at mit.edu
Wed Jun 11 23:02:26 EDT 2008

As someone who is neck deep in starting up his own company I can say
that it is not that simple. Generally when predicting how sales will
fare you do several things:
1. Look at closest competitors in the game space, and check their numbers
2. Look at the most similar business models and check their numbers
3. Examine trends in the marketplace for the demographic(s) you are
going after (i.e. how quickly is the market expanding)
4. State how you feel your innovation(s) will affect sales.

Generally accessibility in games deals with points 3 and 4. The real
trick to accessibility, in my opinion, is that making a game more
accessible to one population makes it more usable to many, which in
turn results in a better gaming experience for more people (and
therefore will likely result in more copies sold).

Eitan