[games_access] Communication device for the disabled

d. michelle hinn hinn at uiuc.edu
Wed Mar 26 07:56:24 EDT 2008

Yeah, the guy who created it (Michael Callahan) was at one of our
accessibility arcades -- he was a student scholarship winner from
this year. Oddly he didn't bring any business cards or info about the
product to GDC but, yeah, it definitely has some connections to
gaming and he went to GDC to see how his product could cross over
into gaming. I'm meeting with him in about a week and will try to get
him signed up on the list so we can help him angle his product for
accessibility as well as "just plain cool."

He's not a gamer but he's definitely thinking that games are another
possible avenue for his work. It is very cool, no doubt!

Michelle