[games_access] A chapter on accessibility, video games and learning.

John Bannick jbannick at 7128.com
Fri Mar 28 14:52:32 EDT 2008

Amit,

That is a very interesting article.  I would like to point you at our ALERT
project for more information about some of the relatively simple changes
that can be made to main-stream casual games like you did with the Tetris
game.  There are many things that could be done to improve accessibility if
the will is there to do them.

Your description of slowing down the Tetris game is one of the
accommodations we use for our Raindrops game for example.  Please also look
at our accessibility rating system.  This provides the user with up-front
knowledge of what accommodations are available on a specific
game.  Adopting this on a wider basis would help people to choose
appropriate games more easily.

Go to: www.7128.com and scroll down to the ALERT button.

Eleanor Robinson for John Bannick
7-128 Software LLC