[games_access] Wheelchair Parkour

Thomas Westin thomas at pininteractive.com
Mon Oct 13 03:35:12 EDT 2008

Hey

once a year I run a course in 3D game dev at Stockholm University

of course I also introduce them to game accessibility :) but without
forcing them to implement accessibility or related things.

but, this year a couple of students made an interesting concept game
called Wheelchair Parkour - kind of a paradox which works out pretty
well. For those not familiar with parkour it "is an activity with the
aim of moving from one point to another as efficiently and quickly as
possible, using principally the abilities of the human body" (Wikipedia)

Some interesting interaction design where the mouse movement and
buttons simulate how to control a wheelchair. Then add the parkour
concept above and you have a very interesting mix.

Try it out for yourselves, you find the download link on this page
http://people.dsv.su.se/~thomasw/3dp-student-work

/Thomas

Pin Interactive AB
Digital Culture :: Analysis :: Tools :: Worlds

www.pininteractive.com
Skype ID: thomaswestin
Phone: +46 (0)706 400 402
Time zone: GMT+1 , PST+9