[games_access] Game Accessibility Day

AudioGames.net richard at audiogames.net
Fri Dec 4 14:03:08 EST 2009

Hi,

Haven't looked at the Gamma4 website, so maybe this is already on there, but I'd strongly suggest publishing a list of one-button games examples - preferably on the Gamma4 website next to the contest description, or otherwise very near. This is based on my experience with the Experimental Audio Games that were developed each year by students at my work. The thing I learned was that pointing people to AudioGames.net and saying "here're some examples of what's already been done, have a look (or listen) and take it to the next level" is not enough if you are after innovative audio/one button games. The unfortunate result in my case was that most teams came up with stuff that was already out there, and often better already. In my experience showing designers a good overview of what already has been done, is more likely to result in more innovative game design, instead of leaving repetoire research up to the designers.

Greets,

Richard