[games_access] SIG Twitter Account

tara.tefertiller at gmail.com tara.tefertiller at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 22:26:21 EST 2009

Oh god! TwitteR!
-----Original Message-----
Date: Monday, December 14, 2009 8:14:39 pm
From: "D. Michelle Hinn" <hinn at uiuc.edu>
Subject: [games_access] SIG Twitter Account

Hi everyone,

I created a Twitter account like other IGDA SIGs to report on news
and requests that we are looking for answers to and to allow
developers (and anyone else) to follow our Tweets. :)

It is my hope that this can be a way to help gamers with disabilities
find resources like AbleGamers, OneSwitch, Game Forward and other
groups that are set up to help give voice to members of this community.

I also hope that this will serve as a way to help developers
understand accessibility, help get our inquiries out to a larger
audience. I also hope that this will be the first step to help
support Game Developers with Disabilities by letting them know that
we are here to support them as we develop DIG (developers with
disabilities).

Our page is at http://twitter.com/IGDAGameAccess -- please "follow"
the SIG if you are on Twitter. :) I will post "digest" summaries to
the list of topics raised for those not on Twitter. In order to grow
as a professional organization, we must use any and all ways to get
out the game accessibility message and support the projects of all of
our members, as well as our own.