[games_access] game serie LUKA

Sandra Uhling sandra_uhling at web.de
Sat Jan 3 16:44:33 EST 2009

Hi all,
and a happy new year.

I play the game serie LUKA published by the police in Germany.
Maybe they will be interested in Game Accessibility?

With some little changed it could be much more accessible.
And it could be possible that blind gamers can also play the game.
The game is for children and young people.

I have some questions:

Subtitle in a Dialog: should it be possible to stop a Dialog?
I think that some people do need more time to read it.
And special children maybe need more time?

How big should the subtitle be ?

I am looking for a good example of a text adventure audiogame.
I have already Terraformers, SoundRTS

Games for children:
I am wondering, why not all text is read ?
They do have the dialogs as audio, but not for all the other information.
Is this normal for games for kids ? Not all kids can read.

Best regards,
Sandra