[games_access] graduate course in game interaction design
eelke.folmer at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 18:20:58 EST 2009
I'm teaching a graduate seminar this semester on game interaction
design. One of student projects involves developing an accessible
interface for a game which has the following requirements:
- The accessible interface must allow either for one switch input or
allow visually impaired to play the game.
- The chosen game must be an open source game (so students can
concentrate on modifying the interaction)
- The game must be for a game genre that does not have an accessible
- The project must be 4-6 weeks of effort for 2-4 people.
Though students are free to select any game I'm kind of providing them
with a list of suggestions:
- Slam Soccer: (soccer game) http://sourceforge.net/projects/slamsoccer
- Dark Oberon (RTS) http://dark-oberon.sourceforge.net/
- Flight Gear (Flight simulator) http://flightgear.sourceforge.net/
To my best knowledge these game genres do not have accessible versions
available. If you have any suggestions or recommendations for other
games please let me know.
Department of Computer Science and Engineering
University of Nevada, Reno
More information about the games_access