[games_access] List for accessible games

Barrie Ellis barrie.ellis at oneswitch.org.uk
Sat Jun 6 09:56:08 EDT 2009

Hi Sandra,

There was a broad list that the ACE Centre started - which was taken on by
Special Effect: http://gameon.onestopcms.co.uk/ (not presently available).
Special Effect are looking to develop a new list too:
http://www.specialeffect.org.uk/pages/gamebase.htm.

The lists already discussed are really good.

>From my end:

http://www.oneswitch.org.uk/2/switch-downloads.htm - Lots of downloadable
one-switch games plus Top 10 from the library and the ATE Arcade.

Plus the most recent lists from my blog:

http://switchgaming.blogspot.com/search/label/one-switch%20games -
One-switch games
http://switchgaming.blogspot.com/search/label/head%20trackers - Head-tracker
games
http://switchgaming.blogspot.com/search/label/Audio%20Games - Audio games

Would be lovely to have a centralised list of the majority of accessible
games past and present. It's a big job though which is why it's likely
scared most people off thus far. Plus it's expensive until game developers
start sending us games to test out.

We should start a record of mainstream games that have deliberately
considered disabled gamers as this may just (!) start to grow beyond easy
recollection. Here's my knowledge:

PC - Valve's "Half Life 2" - features full Closed Captions.
PC - Namco's "Star Trigon" - features an accessibility mode with full
one-switch play and menu access.
PC - PopCap's "Peggle" - features a colour-blind adjustment option.
SEGA Saturn or Dreamcast - Warp's "Real Sound: Kaze no Riguretto" - console
Audio Game (Japananese).
Atari's "San Francisco Rush 2049 Special Edition" - featured a mode to play
without pedals.

I'm pretty sure I've missed some off. This of course excludes all the work
Atari did in the early 1980's with their "Special Feature" to make Atari VCS
games easier for young children. It of course excludes the massive efforts
of indie developers releasing games with accessibility features.

Hope that's of some use,

Barrie

Hello,

is there somewhere a nice list with accessible games?
I have sometimes questions for more accessible games.
It would be great, when there would be a list with websites.

Best regards,
Sandra