[games_access] IGDA GA-SIG DVD and age rating

Sandra Uhling sandra_uhling at web.de
Sun Mar 15 06:09:27 EDT 2009

Hi Mark,

Germany:
All Games are only for people who are over 18.
(Exception: Learning and Information Games.)
(Exception: Games you can download and Browsergames)

People over 18 should not have the possibility to see someone playing
and should not have the possibility to see videos of the game.

When you want the games also for people under 18 you need an age rating.
When you want to show games in public area you need at least USK6.
Events can get a special allowance for USK12.

At the moment (again) we have discussion to forbid games like Counterstrike.
(Imagine Crytek would have to leave Germany. This was also a discussion long ago)

Problem is: we have no easy age rating process like PEGI (for some Europe Countries)
For example I needed a whole year to get them understand that we have a new kind of games.
Games that are already installed on a PC and the PC is sold to the customer.

Add Ons need also an age rating.
Advertisement have also special rules. But I did not yet learn about this.

Mark did you see our very very large age rating symbol ?
http://www.sporle.de/bilder/media_mahjonnggdsbox.jpg

(Of course without guarantee, I am also no lawyer)

Best regards,
Sandra