[games_access] Daedalic Developing Serious Game to Fight Illiteracy

D. Michelle Hinn hinn at uiuc.edu
Thu Nov 5 15:54:35 EST 2009

My thoughts on this are to put together an article listing all news
in this area within the month -- sort of a bullet list but not as
"list" like. That way we broadcast articles, press releases, etc that
people may be interested in following up on versus focusing on a
particular company, particularly companies that have announced the
development versus the release of a project since we know that
development can often take years before the product is ready to be
released (and some never actually get released!!).

Does that make sense?

Also, I would like us to be sure and add an increased focus on
supporting game "developers" with disabilities. This is something
that we've gotten away from and has been increasing in demand. A lot
of game developers have been joining because they are looking for a
support system for working in the industry with a disability and
that's what the IGDA's greater mission is. So I want to make sure we
are doing that! :)

So to summarize, within the IGDA newsletter I'd personally like to
see a "call for participants" with regard to inviting developers with
disabilities to join the SIG as well as a brief list of important
developments for gamers with disabilities for the month pointing to
outside links that the development community can follow for
additional information. Thoughts?

Michelle
Chair, IGDA Game Accessibility SIG