[games_access] IGDA GA-SIG website

David Banes david.banes at abilitynet.org.uk
Sat Nov 14 11:39:26 EST 2009

I understand

The advantage of an engine such as wetpaint is that it is held in the cloud rather than on your own server

That means there is minimal maintenance to consider reducing the TCO

As I explain the other big advantage is ease of use - we wanted to have an interface that offered a reasonable degree of accessibility (we weren't seeking AAA) but with an interface that encouraged disabled users with early IT skills to be able to contribute - Hence the wiki doesn't require you to make use of tags etc - many wikis such as mediawiki require a high level of technical knowledge to take part in anything beyond basic text entry

Information on wetpaint can be found at www.wetpaint.com

A second interesting wiki engine that we used but moved to wetpaint was pbwiki but I think this is now part of pbworks and requires a paid subscription

David