[games_access] Super Mario Bros. Wii - "Super Guide" (aka DemoPlay) accessibility feature

Barrie Ellis oneswitch at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 16 14:29:05 EST 2009

RJ Cooper's done a nice job there (first I'd seen of it, thanks) - but Assistive Technology Partner's AbleGames 2009 had the first switch adapted Guitar Hero guitar to my knowledge: http://www.uchsc.edu/atp/events_AbleGames.html

Gavin Philips there did say that the beginner mode suited one-switch play (strum only), making it the far more accessible option out of Rock Band and Guitar Hero for some.

To be honest, I really wish both Harmonix and Activision would allow standard joypads to be used with a versatile reconfiguration option. Going down the adaptation route is a right pain for most people, and completely unnecessary. Anyway - strum only mode would be lovely for Harmonix to include in future versions. I think this was first seen in Um Jammer Lammy for the PSone.

Barrie