[games_access] GDC + IGDA Tech Migration

Joshua Caulfield Joshua at igda.org
Thu Oct 8 07:34:31 EDT 2009

Good Morning,

In reading this it occurs to me that this group may not be aware that the IGDA now has webinar capabilities.  It's not the highest end webex you can buy, rather it's a standard gotowebinar instance, but I am currently putting together schedules of speakers.  If any of you were planning on doing a presentation at GDC and it got turned down and you would like to run it for the IGDA membership, I am happy to get you into the line up.

Please email me if you are interested.  I like to keep webinars to no more than 60 minutes (45 is preferable) with availability for 20-30 min of Q&A.
Also, just so not one is surprised later on, my hope is to find sponsors for these webinar programs, so there may be a sponsor underwriting the presentations.  When we get to the point where we actually have interested sponsors, I will absolutely allow the speaker to decline to participate if they feel that a sponsor doesn't represent them for some reason.

Anyways, I wanted to throw that out to this group, as it sounds like you need a venue, and I have one that is readily available to you.

Sincerely,
Joshua

Joshua Caulfield
Executive Director