[games_access] My Football Game - And they said it could not be done.

Mark Barlet mark at ablegamers.com
Sun Oct 18 17:41:18 EDT 2009

Hello All,

 AbleGamers just did a write up of a game called "My Football Game" -
It is a very very high quality game from a group called VTree LLC, who
partnered with EA SPROTS to use the football eng to make a Football
game that is designed from the start for congestive disabilities and
sever physical disabilities. I would highly recommend that people go
give this story a read, and check out the game.

Here is a link to the story we did
http://ablegamers.com/game-news/712-my-football-game-and-they-said-it-couldnt-be-done.html

And here is a link the games website
http://www.vtreellc.com/

Here is what they say about the game.

VTree™ LLC is a leader in developing special needs software and
assistive technology. Developing exciting and authentic videogame
action that promotes confidence and enhances social interaction is our
mission. We design customizable games especially for those who are
challenged by cognitive and/or physical disabilities.

VTree’s games are adaptable, accessible and—most important—FUN! Our
games can be manipulated to match the player’s level of competency. As
certain skills are mastered, the games become more challenging,
allowing the player to experience success at each level.

Our dream is to promote inclusive participation in community life for
people with special needs. VTree’s games are not just fun. They
enhance personal satisfaction and self-confidence and can be used as
motivators to open doors to other new experiences.

--
Mark C. Barlet
Editor-in-Chief