[games_access] Big Win for Disabled Games looking to play AION

Reid Kimball rkimball at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 20:30:38 EDT 2009

I'm conflicted because I'm glad this is a victory for disabled gamers
but I'm also with the crowd that didn't like the tone of the article,
making statements that couldn't be backed up factually that GameGuard
discriminates against the disabled and NCSoft is supportive of that
approach.

I believe you tried talking to them politely but I don't know if that
gives you any right to resort to rather caustic tactics that make them
look worse than they already do.

I'm more sensitive to this because I am a game developer, caught
between both worlds so I see both sides. I don't like the idea that
Mark and others are "learning" what works and may mean more tactics
like those "Blizzard doesn't like disabled gamers" t-shirts at GDC. It
may work now, may work next time, but I don't think we'll be making
any friends and partnerships based on mutual respect. This isn't a
recipe for long term success imo.

Reid Kimball
Game Designer / Writer
http://game.rbkdesign.com