[games_access] Kinect support of speech recognition :-( :-( :-(

Lynsey Graham lgraham at blitzgamesstudios.com
Wed Dec 15 04:25:12 EST 2010

Kinect speech recognition was always a bit awkward because as developers we weren't sure if it was going to be included at launch or not - as it turned out it was, but only for certain languages.   As a result I think everyone made sure that there were no 'game critical' mechanics reliant on voice recognition (ie you can play/complete the game without using voice recognition).