[games_access] AbleGamers Called Out on Apple.com

Mark Barlet mark at ablegamers.com
Thu Jan 28 21:04:44 EST 2010

It is great news Steve, I am happy to see that it has such a star place on
the page. This is icing on the cake for the coverage. It has been covered by
The Escapist, Yahoo! Tech, Ars Technica and more, Even Dragon Ages own site
posted about it. It is really nice to see this topic finding it's way to
more mainstream outlets, and not the same usual suspects.

We hope to make some more news soon.

Also, still looking for more blogs to add to
http://gameaccessibility.org/news.html

Thanks all for the ongoing support.

Mark Barlet

On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 7:59 PM, Steven Spohn <steve at ablegamers.com> wrote:

>  Hello fellow SIG members,
>

> I'm writing you today to let you know about a very cool article that was
> published on Apple.com.  In their review of Dragon age online, Apple placed
> a box in the top right-hand corner titled “Accessible Adventures.”
>

> “AbleGamers named Dragon Age: Origins its 2009 Accessible Game of the Year,
> noting: “What makes this title so exceptional is the level of options given
> to the gamer to choose their level of accessibility.”’
>

> To see the article check out
> http://www.apple.com/games/articles/2010/01/dragonage/
>

> This is a wonderful achievement for the accessible gaming movement!  We
> were so enamored to see such a mainstream institution recognized the
> importance of accessibility in gaming. I'm personally thrilled to have the
> accessibility award even mentioned by Apple, let alone to call out
> accessibility so prominently, makes me proud to do what we do.
>

> Thank you for your time,
>

> Steve Spohn
>
> Associate Editor
>
> www.AbleGamers.com

The AbleGamers Foundation is a 501(c)(3) public charity that advocates for
greater accessibility in the digital entertainment space.
Visit our site, http://www.ablegamers.org