[games_access] Kinect Hybrid controller games...

Barrie Ellis oneswitch at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 02:58:29 EDT 2010

Just caught this from Twitter:

http://www.techkicker.com/2010/07/21/microsoft-says-to-expect-non-casual-hybrid-kinect-games-over-the-coming-18-months/

Using a combination of controllers (e.g. mouse+keyboard, switches+head-tracker, joypad/joystick+footpedals) has been pretty staple fair for PC gaming for a long time, with ways to configure versatile control schemes to suit. When we see anything approaching that overall power for a games console, that will be a happy day.

I wonder if older existing games could be set-up to play with the Kinect and Joypad - with some way for the user to configure their preferred system? That would be extremely nice, plus give extra life to older games.

Barrie