[games_access] We have selected the new chair!

Tara Tefertiller tara.tefertiller at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 14:25:27 EDT 2010

Robert,

Michelle linked you the website, but we also have both the wiki page
is through the IGDA website, and our blog.

Our wiki page is done through the IGDA website. Wikis are often good
sources of info, where people can compile lots of info at once. The
plan for us to put literally everything that has happened with the
sig on there. Wikis are often used when there is a lot of information
that could bog down a normal site, and can be a great and easy to
navigate resource. The wiki will be something for members who are
likely looking for a key piece of information or reference. It also
is a good thing to have for members of IGDA who may not be SIG
members yet who wish to learn about us. All of the other SIGs also
have a wiki page, so it may be the first place someone goes to look
for information on us if they are already a member of IGDA.  As for
reliability, our page will be more reliable than a wikipedia page for
sure. Additionally, i trust that no one in this SIG would put false
information on our wiki. And to ensure that our information is up to
date (well, after we get it up to date I mean) I will personally
monitor the wiki's status so it doesn't fall behind again.

As I mentioned we have our blog as well, but it may not provide the
up front knowledge that new comers to accessibility will need. It has
a lot of great information, and hopefully that could be rolled over
into a website.

The steering committee is currently discussing what we would like to
accomplish with a website, as well as other factors, but I totally
agree with you Robert. We need something creative, memorable, and
highlights us and what we do.  There's been talk of moving it off the
IGDA wesbite.... which I am for because I have tech problems with the
IGDA site all the time. Additionally, we will likely want non IGDA
members to be able to visit our site and so on.

Does anyone else have issues with the site like I do or am i just lucky?

Like I said before, once we have a plan of action I will be sure to
ask for volunteers to help- so be on the look out for that email!

-Tara